FamilyLawCourts.com - No one over eleven believes it's working.
1. Arkansas mom Rachel Woolard-Weston is campaigning for "Landry's Law" which Woolard-Weston claims "gives rights to breast fed (sic) children and their mothers regarding custody cases. Right now, there is nothing in place protecting them."
2. Woolard-Weston claims claims she is providing those "voiceless children" a voice. However, those voiceless children are the same children who scream for food. So while sweet little babes can't express themselves in words, anyone who has ever been around a child for more than a day knows those babes are equipped with a set of lungs to alert Mom and Dad as well as the immediate neighborhood, when hungry.
3. The flaw in Rachel Woolard-Weston's argument "She will scream, she will get herself so upset that even if food is offered, she wouldn't be able to eat."
Or put another way, Woolward-Weston is stating:
1. My child will starve herself to death should I suddenly die. (This renders Woolard-Weston all powerful.)
2. My child's suckle instinct is only for me. It does not appear for anyone or anything, other than me. She will starve.
3. A nurse is quoted as saying Rachel could get a duct infection if this happens. We're beginning to get the impression this is all about Rachel, and control.
The judge in Woolard-Weston's case isn't buying it. Neither are we. Likely neither is the Arkansas legislature. But points for trying. After all, Rachel Woolard-Weston's blog states she's the "Cool Mom."
Not the great mom.